It maybe a little bit of a lie to call this a salad, as I guess technically it isn’t. Or maybe it is depending on who you ask. Are carbs allowed in a salad? Is a salad allowed to be warm? Well this is a very quick and easy sweet potato salad. You’re looking at 4 ingredients and around 30 minuets of your precious time.
This rather delicious looking bowl of goodness can be eaten by 2 people as a side. But tonight been home alone, I decided to have it all to myself as a main. It was bloody lovely too.
INGREDIENTS FOR 1 LARGE BOWL OR 2 SIDES
1 large sweet potato
50-75g of feta cheese – it just depends how cheesy you want it. Add as little or as much as you want
6 ish ripe cherry tomatoes
Avocado Oil – because thats what I had in but olive oil will work just as well
– Pre heat your oven to 190c (375f or old school gas mark 5)
– Put a healthy club of your oil in a roasting tray and pop in the oven to warm up
– Wash your sweet potato but leave the skin on, cube into 2cm chunks and dry off on some kitchen roll
– Pop your sweet potato chunks into the hot oil and cook for 25mins
– While the potato is cooking cube your feta into 1cm chunks and your tomatoes into 1/4s, pop in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper
– Once your potato is cooked add it all into the bowl with the cheese and tomatoes, gently toss together (no need to drain the oil).
– Ta Daaaaaa! Pop it onto a plate and you’re ready to go. The warm sweet potato starts to melt the feta a little bit and there you have your dreamy salad.
*As you may have noticed, I don’t really have many measurements when it comes to this dish. I originally had it as a side in an Hello Fresh Meal but can’t find the recipe for the life of me so did it all my memory. So feel free to experiment. Next time I may add some garlic when roasting the potato mmm.